Vacancy: Director of Training
The College of Preachers is looking to hire a Director of Training.
To apply, or for a discussion on this post, please contact the Chair of Trustees, Canon Roger Spiller on 01386 710725 or email: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 6 June. Interviews take place in central London on 14 June.
Director of Training, College of Preachers
This post offers a rewarding opportunity for a person who is passionate about preaching and equipping preachers, to make a national contribution to the preaching ministry.
The Director of Training will lead a gifted team of volunteer tutors and draw up and oversee an ongoing programme of training events.
The post would be suitable for a free-lance trainer, at least for the initial three year period.
1 To enable the College of Preachers to address the Church’s need to raise the priority and quality of its preaching in the context of its mission
- To design, co-ordinate and oversee the running of preaching events: workshops, seminars, festivals and conferences
- To resource, recruit and deploy a tutors of the College to deliver its training programme
- To initiate a cycle of preacher training events in key centres across the country
- To respond to requests for preacher training from diverse church groupings assisting them in clarifying the theme and structure of the event and providing appropriate tutors.
- As the paid officer of the College, to have a broad oversight of all the activities of the College together with the Trustees and Chair of Trustees and to meet any unforeseen administrative tasks, in addition to those directly related to training.
- To work with our partners, Hymns Ancient and Modern in their London office, who publish The Preacher magazine, and provide publicity, advertising and booking and administrative services in support of our training events
- The Director of Training will be the obvious public face of the College and will be expected to maintain working relationships with those involved in lay and ordained ministerial training across the ecumenical spectrum
An efficient planner and events organiser who works collaboratively and have a high level of motivation and initiative
A person with experience in facilitating adult learning and planning.
A commitment to reaching out to all our ecumenical participants in the College
A graduate in theology
A person who is aware of approaches to current issues in homiletics
Terms and conditions of service
We envisage the post 0.5 post at pro-rata National Minimum Stipend.
The post is based on meeting broad organisational goals rather than fixed working hours
The post is for a period of three years. The post may be renewable by mutual agreement.
There is a probationary period of six months
Termination, the post may be terminated on either side after a notice by either party of 3 months
The post can be conducted from home or if appropriate from the London office of Hymns A & M.
Reasonable expenses will be budgeted and paid in full
The Director of Training is ultimately answerable to the Trustees, and in practice, on a day to day basis, to the Chair of Trustees
The Director will work with a Board of Training